Friday, May 7, 2010

Multiplex theatres are far better than film theatres

Last Sunday I and my friend decided to watch a Tamil movie "SURA" (Please excuse me guys for selected to watch such a good movie :-)). Since we didn’t wish to spend much for this movie, we went to Natraj movie theatre which is not air-conditioned and doesn’t have DTS, located nearby my place Malleshwaram, Bangalore. We reached 20 minutes before the show time and were searching for the ticket counter. I enquired a person who was standing in the queue which is meant to enter into the movie hall. He said that you can see a board outside the theatre saying all tickets are sold. I was so pissed off and asked my friend what to do. Meanwhile a person came to us and asked "Do you want tickets?".
I said "yes".
He whispered "Balcony costs 150"
I chuckled and said "It’s too costly"
He said "Buy the tickets if you want or else you won’t get it if you delay" and then he moved away from us.

Besides me three more guys were too selling the tickets. My friend said that the actual ticket rate costs only 60 rupees. I lifted up my head and saw the Vijay cut-out near to me and asked myself as if I am questioning to Vijay, "when most of my friends are not interested to watch your crap movie; Of course it’s going to be the same story as in your previous movies; already my friend warned me that the movie is very bad on the previous day, then who the hell is coming for your movie?. Really your movie is worth spending 150 rupees?".

Then I just glanced the queue which is about to enter into the movie hall. I am pretty sure that not more than 30 members were standing in the queue. The damn thing is that some 3 or 4 police personnel were managing and looking after the queue, and their vehicle is standing outside the theatre. And a gang of 3 or 4 persons were selling the tickets in black, guess holding half of the theatre tickets, before the police personnel. What exactly are they doing here? :(. Then we finally left the theatre and went to our rooms.

This is the second time I am experiencing in Bangalore after Magadheera (Telugu film) movie. Since I was new to Bangalore at that time, I just stood and my friend bargained and bought the tickets. At least this theatre has DTS. I had a very bad experience of watching one Tamil movie called Naanayam in a theatre which is located near Corporation circle, Bangalore (centre of the city) that doesn’t have DTS and air-conditioner. In addition to this, lights from outside fell on the screen which makes the screen quality very blurred and poor. Yes I knew black-ticketing exists everywhere.

In such cases multiplex theatres are far better than these theatres. PVR cinemas cost Rs.200 during weekends and Rs.150 during weekdays in Bangalore. Rather than spending 150 rupees in Natraj kind of theatres which don’t have quality at all, I can spend 200 or 250 in multiplex where I can watch the movie with good screen and sound quality. They have a sophisticated comfort seats in air-conditioned hall. No black-ticket business here. We can book the tickets by online; can know the availability status by online. Hence I feel it’s really worth spending in multiplexes because it gives comfort to the viewers in all sense.

But still Bangalore is costly than any other cities I visited!!!!!! (will justify in my next post).

1 comment:

  1. For this film from wherever you watch its a total waste :)

    ReplyDelete

Masters of Sex

I have heard many crazy stories about scientific research and discoveries from fellow researchers during my PhD days in IISc and I am so ...