Saturday, November 20, 2010

Endhiran


Endhiran - a whooping sum of Rs. 120 crore worth contents were finally presented on a big screen. A perfect commercial sci-fi entertainer and I feel it deserves all credits. Thanks to SRK who officially announced to drop the project after which it slipped into Rajni's hands (Infact Rajni was the first person to hear this script couple of years before but refused it for some reasons).

Shankar dominates the first half of movie and Rajni performance excels in the second half. The movie is completely out of Rajni's formula - no formal introduction song, no punch dialogues, no mannerisms, no sentiments to please oldies, and no yesteryear actors like Gandhimathi :). Rajni's performance as a villain is really awesome, particularly his dialogue delivery is so perfect which reminds me his old movies like Netrikan and 16 Vayathinile. Though the creativity for graphics looks childish and inspired from various Hollywood movies, they are presented with utmost care and perfection than any other Tamil movies before. Dialogues are well-written; short, crisp and meaningful. The one thing which I really miss in the movie is Rajni's stylish stunt. Last but not the least, it is claimed that the movie is an adaptation of a Tamil novel (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Endhiran) which is still a controversy, and I DOT this review with the below tagline :).

Tagline: Endhiran – An attempt to make a movie using the modern technology - is successful.

PS: I decided to watch Endhiran, a month after its release, since the ticket rates were very high. But I could not refrain from watching the movie due to the headlines that it made on newspapers day-by-day. Finally I and my lab-mates decided and booked the tickets for a Monday night show in Inox Bangalore. Not even a single whistle was blown by anyone in the theatre hall throughout the movie though I watched it on the fourth day of movie release because I watched the movie along-with the so called elite community :(. Finally I managed to blow one whistle for Superstar title. Whereas the nearby local Natraj theatre have erected a megasized cut-out for Superstar which is garlanded with different flowers. Anyway - my Coimbatore theatre doors are calling me for the second time :) to witness the Superstar’s fan maniac actions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Masters of Sex

I have heard many crazy stories about scientific research and discoveries from fellow researchers during my PhD days in IISc and I am so ...