Saturday, November 20, 2010

My First Audition

Chocolate to our Lovely Senior

Back ground

Teja Conscious: I am Teja. I and Nikhil are close friends studying 3rd year Mechanical Engineering. We are happy that in few weeks time we will became “the seniors” of our college but at the same time we are sad that we will be missing the angels of our senior’s batch.

Scene 1: Class room during morning tea break

Nikhil is sitting on a chair of joint-school-desk-and-chair and Teja is sitting on the desk of the same joint-school-desk-and-chair, both facing towards the audience.

Nikhil: (Sadly looking at the floor) Dude, today is the last day. She will leave the campus.

Teja: (Turning towards Nikhil in a confused state) Whom are you speaking about?

Nikhil: (Looking at Teja) Swetha.

(Shot is frozen) Teja Conscious: Swetha is our senior who is about to complete her degree in IT. Many of my mates look at her, including me. My friend likes her a lot but he never tried to speak to her. Not only to her but to any of the girls because he is scared that he would be embarrassed by them.

Teja: oh, that pretty roomly figure (Nikhil scowls at Teja), oops sorry, it’s just a slip of the tongue; that pretty homely figure.

Nikhil: (in a loud voice) If your tongue slips, apply fevicol and stick it. (After a pause & in a soft voice) Should do something. (Hastily) Atleast should give a chocolate to her.

Teja: Then give!

Nikhil: Hey dude help me man. You already have experience on it by giving a PERK chocolate to your girlfriend; that too during our first year itself.

Teja: Man, she is not my girlfriend. I just tried to speak with her and it is because of you guys, I started hitting on her and became mad about her. And last week she told that she has a boyfriend already.

Nikhil: Hey, are these things new to you or what. But still you have guts, buddy.

Teja: (Jumps from the desk and stands on the floor) Alright. (Facing Nikhil) I will help you. Buy one PERK chocolate now and keep it with you. I will look after the rest.

Scene 2: Canteen during lunch

Both Nikhil & Teja are sitting in the canteen facing each other, and Nikhil is looking at the canteen’s entrance for her arrival.

Teja: Has she come?

Nikhil: No da. Hey dude, many people are in canteen. What shall we do if it becomes an embarrassing moment?

Teja: If you are concerned about that, then we can’t speak to any girl. C’mon man you should lose your dignity and respect after you joined mechanical. Oh shit!, there goes the bell, let’s get back to the class; let’s try in the evening; let’s see how your luck works?

Scene 3: Around 6 PM; Nikhil just entered the canteen and Teja was following him

Nikhil: (excitedly) Dude there she is and no one is in the canteen except she and her friends.

Teja: (Softly) Ok ok. Control your excitement. That’s true but some of her friends are guys, so let’s sit near the counter and wait for the opportunity.

She gets up from her chair and comes to the counter. She buys cool drinks and is returning to her chair.

Teja: This is the time. Get up fast buddy. Hello Akka ........

She turns back.

Teja: I am Teja. He is my friend Nikhil. We know you. Today is your last day right? So thought of giving you a chocolate, just consider it as our compliment.

Swetha: (Smilingly) Oh thank u. Which department are you guys from?

Teja: Mechanical

She shows an awkward face.

Teja: Which company you got placed?

Swetha: Infosys

Nikhil: Your posting, akka?

Swetha: Pune

Teja: ok akka, best wishes. We will catch up sometime. (Nikhil frowns at Teja for ending the conversation so soon)

She shakes hands. Then Nikhil & Teja exits the canteen.

Nikhil: (Hugs Teja in overjoy) Hey dude thanks man, you rocked. You made her to shake hands with me!!!! I will not wash my hands for a week atleast.

Teja: Even I didn’t expect that. Ok Ok when is the treat?

Nikhil: Soon buddy.

Scene 4: The next day during lunch in the canteen

Teja is working in the lab and his phone rings.

Teja: hey tell me buddy.

Nikhil: Hey where are you. Come fast. Swetha is in canteen

Teja: Ok I am coming now.

Scene 5: Teja just entered into the canteen

Teja sees Nikhil standing far away from Swetha. Teja approaches Swetha who is sitting along-with her friends.

Swetha: (On seeing Teja) Oh oh. Now what? (Teja: akka.... )- next you guys keep coming and will start to take advantage. (She takes the chocolate from her bag) Take the chocolate and leave me.

Teja: (Hastily) Oops. akka, you keep the chocolate yourselves (Then Teja walked hastily towards Nikhil).

Nikhil sees the Teja conversation with Swetha and starts approaching them. Teja signals him not to come. But he didn’t listen and signs that he also wants to join in the conversation. So Teja drags him to the other corner of the canteen where few of their friends having lunch.

Nikhil: (With anger) Stupid, why are you so selfish?

Teja: (With anger) You asshole, you want to be embarrassed.

Nikhil: (in a slow voice) What happened?

Teja: She said we are annoying her. But that didn’t bother me much. She.... she...... she is still having that chocolate in her bag. (After a pause) May be I should have got that chocolate from her.

PS: I would like to express my gratitude to my friend’s sister who grammatically corrected the script.

1 comment:

  1. Dae fraud I know who r those characters in real life. As one guy got married I am not revealing the name of that guy. But the other one was the only great idiot of our class AnbuSelvan.

    ReplyDelete

Masters of Sex

I have heard many crazy stories about scientific research and discoveries from fellow researchers during my PhD days in IISc and I am so ...